Pizza? Triple check.
When it comes to protein powder recipes, we have you well and truly covered. Forget waiting for the delivery guy to bring you thousands of empty calories. Save yourself the time and make your own protein pizza from scratch – you can whip this bad boy up in less than 10 minutes!
So, what will you need?
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1 scoop unflavoured protein powder
1.5 cups oats
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp tomato puree
3 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 ball buffalo mozzarella
Now to make the magic happen.
- Warm a dry, non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Blend all of the base ingredients together in a food processor. Make sure the dough has a smooth consistency before adding the mixture into the pan.
- Fry it like a giant pancake for about five minutes, or until the dough starts to go crisp and golden around the edges.
- As soon as your base is firm enough to hold its shape, remove it from the pan and add the toppings.
- Add the tomato paste first, then place the mushrooms and finish with chunks of mozzarella.
- Grill the whole pizza in the oven until the cheese melts and the base becomes more golden and crispy.
- Once the pizza is cooked to your personal taste, take it out of the oven and leave it to cool down for a minute (you don’t want to burn your mouth). Then, enjoy!
One pizza has approximately 46g of protein and should only take about 10 minutes total to prepare. With so much nutrition packed in, there’s no wondering why it’s one of our favourite protein powder recipes – definitely a lunch option worth getting off the couch for!
Don’t stop there!
The best part of this pizza is that… well… it’s a pizza! That means it’s super easy to add (or remove) ingredients as you see fit. Want some greens? Pop on some spinach or thinly sliced zucchini. Need a bit more flavour? Easy – throw in some thyme, basil or tarragon. You can even spend a bit more time in creation mode and add on some slices of chicken breast if you’re not afraid of the extra cooking. Customise to your heart’s content and show us how you recreate this home by tagging us on Instagram @cuttingedgepc.
Well, if we had it our way, it would be breakfast, lunch and dinner. Unfortunately, variety is the spice of life (so they say) and we have to mix it up a little more. Really, though, thanks to the ingredients included, you can have this pizza any time. Any time. Guilt-free pizza for breakfast, anyone?
Like this recipe? Feel free to like us on Facebook as we post lots of yummy protein powder recipes, exercise tips, and nutrition tips, or contact us if you would like to book in a free personal training session with one of our performance coaches.
Love you, enjoy your life