High Protein Caesar Salad
Caesar Salad is one of the most popular salads throughout the world, however it is loaded with hidden calories (you’re almost just better off eating a burger FYI). Our ‘Healthy’ spin on this salad makes it much higher in Protein, Micronutrients & much lower in fat.
For a 30ml serving of the sauce, the macros are: Cals 40 / 1C 3F 3P. Compare this to store bought sauce, for a 20ml serving the macros are: Cals 64 / 2C 6F 0P.
- 2 x Chicken Breast (Sliced)
- 3 x Prosciutto Slices
- 3 x Eggs
- Cos Lettuce
- Other veggies you like (we used capsicum, cucumber & tomato)
- 2 Slices of Sourdough Bread
Sauce Ingredients (serves 8)
Per Serve: Cals 40 / 1C 3F 3P
- 2TBS Greek Yoghurt
- 1/4 C Low fat Cottage Cheese
- 20g Parmesan Cheese
- 5 Anchovies
- 1TBS EVOO
- 1/2C Water
- Blend all of the sauce ingredients together and pop in the fridge while you prepare everything else.
- Grill your Chicken Breast & Prosciutto on a Hot Pan or BBQ. Once cooked, cut both up into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Spray the Sourdough with EVOO and add to grill also. Once cooked, chop into ‘croutons.’
- Cook your eggs however you like (boiled, scrambled etc).
- Chop your veggies and add them to a big bowl. Add the chicken, prosciutto, croutons and eggs to the bowl and mix well.
- Serve into individual bowls before dressing.
If you’re after some Nutrition Advice, book a consultation with our Sports Dietitian, Jen Pfeifler.